Image Bank

12.26.2011

My First Impression (General-Lights)

Hey sorry I haven't really been able to post anything substantial, I've been moving around a lot this holiday and mostly to places without internet (they actually still exist surprisingly). Here was a video and song I thought of at the read through:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zyfArxibk&ob=av3e

Black River Killer by Blitzen Trapper

Some of you may be familiar with the song, but if you're not familiar with the video I suggest taking a look. I really love the style of it and the color palet and the tone of the song felt very Pillowman.

Another video that came to mind was this one of Sin City:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWy1JLuP8MY&list=FLobiehunA4NKtH7ET_5cXOA&index=18&feature=plpp_video

The song is Cells by The Servant, but that wasn't what drew my attention. What really drew my attention in this video was the use of lighting. In almost none of the shots are people front lit. They are entirely lit from side angles and back/top light. It creates a really powerful mood that could be effective during some of the more intense scenes.

So brief post, but I'll return with much more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment